Monday, August 16, 2010

Duffy Theatre

Excitement shot through my as if it were a bullet. The words Duffy Theatre made my body tingle with excitement. A group of people called ‘Duffy Theatre’ come every year with a story.

Before they had begun the play they said “it is cool to read”. Each year they brang laughter, happiness and excitement. This year they came on a very sunny and warm Tuesday.

Walking noisily we entered the hall and sat down. A very curious and musical beginning made me want the show to hurry up. The play was like a game show.

The game show was about Duffy looking for an occupation. The show was called Duffy’s Big O.E. (Occupation Exploration) There were characters who explained how the show would work. So they asked a couple volunteers to help them spin the wheel. The volunteers were Fetuli, Mele and Motu. The same routine was used for a different occupation and a different piece of vocabulary was used to describe what the person has to do in that occupation. Some of the words were communication, appreciation and imagination.

I felt sad when the show ended. I had done so much laughing that I was so exhausted I could barely walk home. I went home laughing and grinning to myself which made my friends stare at me.

2 comments:

  1. I love the way you have written about how the show made you feel rather than just what happened. Great effort, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anita

    Thank you for letting us share in your feelings and emotions by describing them so well. I now have the most delightful pictures in my mind of you laughing as you walked home from the Duffy show!

    It sounds like it you really enjoyed it. Thanks for posting this on your blog. I'm definitely looking forward to more :)

    ReplyDelete