Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Athletics Day

I never liked athletics. Not until I was one of the leaders. Excitement. Nervousness.Were the dominant emotion on the leaders faces. Team after team the house colours were two long lines of a rainbow.

Racing against the fastest girls that I know was so nerve-wracking. Elizabeth, Tokilupe, and Fetuli were my opponents. Mrs Pole banged the two pieces of wood together.They all ran so fast they looked like a blur. I just jogged. Not caring if I came last or first. Unsurprisingly.......I came last.

Hundred metre races were next. The fittest people only raced. The races came and they went just like the first. None of the competitors looked like they could carry on. But they were all so eager to win.

The chanting competition was embarrassing. We were all to confident to notice that we only had a minute to do our chants. m y team the kiwis had 12 chants to do. It was so nerve wracking especilally when we told everyone we were going to win. We...... Came.... last. I was to sad to even talk to the others. But thinking about the team work we did made me feel like an actual leader. (even though we were the noisiest yet the most energetic team).

No comments:

Post a Comment